ESTABLISHED IN 2011 AS PART OF US CLUB SOCCER’S NATIONAL PREMIER LEAGUES (NPL), THE FLORIDA NPL INCLUDES 16 CLUBS IN THE 13-U THROUGH 18-U BOYS AND GIRLS AGE GROUPS.
League champions are determined by total points at the end of the regular season, with the winning teams in each division advancing to the NPL Finals.
- extending developmental principles espoused by U.S. Soccer into more age groups and clubs
- linking competition with player development and identification platforms
- providing meaningful weekly competition culminating in the NPL Finals
NPLs are leagues unified under one national competition platform and based on a common technical framework.
More specifically, the NPL provides a platform:
- focused on long-term player development
- for the country’s top soccer clubs, allowing consistent, meaningful high-level games appropriately scheduled with higher training-to-game ratios and eliminate calendar congestion
- integrated with the id² Program, which includes Player Development Programs (PDPs) in select local markets, and that works closely with U.S. Soccer staff regarding player identification, and player and coach development
- designed and structured by the clubs, based on the needs of the clubs
- that provides an avenue for qualification for the NPL Finals